Sunday, March 14, 2010

Salida

What a great weekend! Lots of bars, lots of pizza, and even a little race. I had an uninspiring, lackadasical run, and the conditions were pretty shitty, and I really eased off the final eight miles, but despite that I was only three minutes off last year's time, when I had a really good race. So it does give me some confidence about my current fitness. Crossed the line in 3:55:xx. First time I've ever beat Harry. First time I've ever beat Tom S. Neither of those guys had good races, but I'll take what I can get.

Brooks ran really well, as I was only able to finish two beers while waiting on him to come down from the mountains. I believe he will be footing the bill at the Trinity run tomorrow.

Lost the bet to Nick, as he crushed me by almost 40 minutes. Ouch. Think he only got to drink one of his beers after passing out brews to all the runners at the hostel.

Pics to follow. Great seeing everyone out there!

1 comment:

Brandon Fuller said...

I see the future! The first in a string of challenge failures.