Sunday, March 28, 2010

Run for Rachel

18:40. Not what I wanted, but the course was much harder than I thought. The first mile is fast and downhill, the second mile is slightly uphill, and there's a very steep climb at mile 2.25-ish that sucked the life out of me. But I'll take some small bit of comfort that Gerald R wasn't able to finally drop me until the final half mile, which was downhill and really showed the difference between a fast road guy and a slow trail guy. Think I finished in 6th place.

Ended the week with 82.6 miles. Wanted to get 90 in, but due to the race being cancelled and rescheduled for Sunday my weekend running plans were messed up. Oh yeah, and the small issue with the plumbing sucked a few miles out of me.

Should be a big mileage week coming up, with the PPRR full moon run on Tuesday and the CRC happy hour/newsletter stuffing on Wednesday.

319.6 for March, 1006.3 for 2010.

4 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

5k are so hit and miss it seems with the course, the measurements, etc. Gives me another reason to hate them. We have one in town here the weekend after Boston. Its on a path around a lake. Flat but all crushed gravel. Debating it just to get A wave and piss you off. But you aren't even going to BB10K so whatever...

brownie said...

Yeah, you should use Boston as a slow training run so you don't hurt your chances for the 5K.

Jeff B. said...

Great race time especially with the high milage, but I was looking forward to you hitting a high 13 minute time; must have been the course or PBR. Great job; much better than my snail pace at a local 1/2 marathon this weekend.

Smut Mutt said...

6th place is the 5th looser.