Wednesday, March 31, 2010

commute #7

Easy run to work this morning. 5.8 miles, 51:37.

Article by Mr. Yasso that estimates marathons cost about a grand. He tends to travel first class and stay in five star hotels, whereas I tend to drive my truck and sleep in the back, so my fees are a bit lower. For the year I've dropped $1793 on the sport, and covered 1046.9 miles. $1.71 per mile. Smut is gonna owe me a beer soon.

Speaking of marathons, thinking of heading down to the Silverton marathon in late August. Looks like a cool course.

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

i've already commuted more than 7 times.

stop slacking.

Nick said...

A grand!! Last marathon I did (Salida) cost me $45 (entry), $22 (lodging), $20 gas = $87. Guy's talking out his ass as usual.

GZ said...

Moving to LA to vote?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/35232.html

brownie said...

Jeremy - what number you up to?

Nick - how much was that Dublin marathon?

Jeremy said...

i'm at ten. i'm planning to bag another tomorrow before the rain/snow comes in.

Nick said...

Flight to London was for a wedding - so sunk cost. London to Dublin RT was $75, room was in the $50 range, race was $80, probably $100 on top with misc expenses, so let's call it $350. Next.