Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thurs AM

Awesome run this morning despite the -8F wind chill. 4.5 mile warm up from Katie's to the main parking lot of the Garden and then to the bottom of Ridge Road. Then 4 x 6 minutes all out up Ridge Road. Really pushed these hard. Another mile or so cool down. 11 miles total, 1:41:13.

So much for ending the double workouts, as I'll still be doing the Incline tonight. Been a down week for the usual crew's lame excuses, as everyone is blaming christmas for bailing. They usually blame their vagina.

According to Runner's World, training for Boston should start next week. I didn't get the memo and started back on November 1st...

Guess some people noticed the good words my friends and I said about Tulsa after our recent road trip. There's now a movement to bring the 2020 summer Olympics to the lovely town. Seriously, I'm not joking, check it out here. Go ahead and pencil me in as an early favorite for the marathon gold medal if Tulsa gets the games, since I know the course pretty well.

1 comment:

GZ said...

Love that marathon training thought from RW. With that thinking, I can hold off on training for that 10k in May until at least late April