Sunday, December 27, 2009

quote of the day

"A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well."

Not sure who said this, I stole it off the "I Love To Run" facebook page. Rings true to a MOP guy like me. I was just checking out last year's Boston results. 1000th place ran 2:57:24 (FYI, he was outsprinted at the finish line by a dude from Denver who finished 999th in the same time). I figure to be around that time. So, if I train my ass off over the next four months, and run 'till near death on race day, maybe less than 1,000 people will beat me. What a sport!

Check out the Denver guy's splits by plugging bib number 2316 into the link above. That's how you run a marathon!


1 comment:

Hone said...

Love the quote.

Maybe it will be a slow year and you can get in under 950th place.