Sunday, December 13, 2009

3000

Ran 21.2 miles this morning, and just before halfway I hit my new year's resolution of 3000 miles in 2009.

Nice long run this morning. Warm weather. Was running great until I turned off the Santa Fa trail onto GOTG Road, where the hills and wind made things miserable. Toughed it out though, these are the kinds of runs I need to get ready for Boston.

Will post a report about my Stocking Shuffle race soon. Was disappointed with my time of 19:10, but everyone who had a GPS said the course was 3.2 miles. That's closer to 18:40, so not too shabby for a chilly day and an ice covered course. I'm having trouble coming up with adjectives to describe just how dominating my win over Brandon was. Check out his blog for a good race report and cool stuff about our trip up the Incline.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Hey, man. I just stumbled upon your blog. Good stuff. I run too, and am in the Springs. It looks like we do some of the same routes, so if you ever want a running partner, feel free to drop me a line: lee.gardner.nyc at gmail dot com.

brownie said...

Lee, most of my quality runs are done with groups. Trinity Soul Runners, PPRR Sunrise Striders, CRUD, and the Incline Club. Come join us sometime!

GZ said...

Nice job on the goal bud. Pretty amazing that 390 of it is in FOUR runs.

Brandon Fuller said...

He might have won the race but its been 24 hours and no blog post? WANKER!

Vargasgirl said...

Congratulations on your 3000 miles! It doesn't change the fact you are still a stinky hippy.