Saturday, December 26, 2009

no-go on Kansas

Decided to bail on the Kansas trip. Freezing temps and reports of heavy snow, decided to wait until the weather improves a bit. It's only 3.5 hours to Mt. Sunshine, so I'm sure I'll bag it next year. I'll end 2009 with four state highpoints - Colorado, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma. Sure wish I woulda been into this when I was in the military, I'd have a bunch more off my list. Should get at least three more in '10 - Kansas, Mass, and Arizona.

I'm a bit farther on my 50 states marathon quest. PA, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, New Mexico. Mass and Arizona this year, possibly one or two others.

Hashing is farther still. PA, Texas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Alabama, Georgia, and South Dakota. Plus Canada (Toronto), Juarez, Qatar, and Guantanamo Bay.

Good post on a guy doing the bicentennial (100 beers, 100 miles, 1 week) over here. Maybe I'll take a few days off after Leadville to join this club. I tried 100 beers, 100 miles, 100 hours once but had to DNF very early due to illness (which was not running or drinking related).

1 comment:

GZ said...

the triple 100 club is crazy. 100 miles in 4 days is one thing ... but with a case a beer a day too? Damn.