Friday, December 04, 2009

Garden

Early morning in the Garden. Reading -5F, but it felt colder. Even swift moving Fountain Creek is freezing over. Didn't stop me from getting in a nice 10.5 miles on the Garden roads, 1:34:15. Sitting at 2904.7 for 2009.

My Sportiva Wildcats now have 706.0 miles on 'em. And they're still in pretty good shape, should easily eclipse the old record of my original Imogenes (737 miles). In fact, I bet I might be able to get 1000 logged miles out of these Wildcats (if I counted hashing I'm sure the shoes are well over that number already).

Oh yeah, I'm also streaking - nine days straight. Haven't missed a day since thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Nick said...

My Wildcats starting falling to pieces at about 400 miles. Loved 'em at first, then decided they were junk.

Jes said...

I haven't missed a day since...yesterday. Does that count as a streak?

brownie said...

Nick - the Wildcats have a self destruct mechanism for anyone who uses them to run around a track. They last forever if you only use 'em on trails.

And Jes, a streak has to be at least two days. So go run tomorrow.

Hone said...

Thanx for the Hardrock heads up. It will go out on the mail today. Might as well start trying to get selected.

I do live at sea level so I would probably die on that course though.

Nice streak. I have not run a day since thanksgiving.

BLOS said...

Maybe you'll lose that beer gut from Thanksgiving!