Tuesday, November 10, 2009

hiking

Been following the adventures of Andy Skurka ever since he gave a talk at the Desert RATS 50 miler. Check out his latest hike! Holy shit!

I love "The Purpose" section of the description, and will be amending it into something I can send to all the team-in-training types who hit me up for money so they can go run the Sydney marathon or whatever vacation they want me to fund under the disguise of curing some disease.

However, it should be pointed out that Katie and I once discovered PBR Light in the back of Mr. Skurka's truck while parked in Leadville (I swear we weren't stalking him). What the hell is up with that? The guy hikes thousands of miles all over the globe and still prefers light beer?

3 comments:

Mike said...

Personally, I like that he is trying to think of a better name for the run. I suggest the "Jesus I Hope I Don't Get Raped by a Polar Bear 7400K"

Andrew Skurka said...

I don't have a truck. And I like stouts.

Love the other comment.

brownie said...

Wow, the man himself! Unfortunately, we have photographic proof. It's the same truck you drove to Fruita. But if you finish your hike maybe I'll delete the pic.