Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Carpenter wins election

From the Gazette:

In the Ward 3 race, runner Matt Carpenter was winning easily. Carpenter had 77 percent to 29 percent for his opponent, innkeeper Karen Cullen.

Carpenter credited his victory to literally running the ward.

“I thought it was a small enough ward that I could go around and talk to constituents and see what they were feeling,” Carpenter said. “I didn’t pull a list of registered voters; I wanted to talk to everyone.”

Carpenter noted the defeat of ballot measure 2C, which was losing by about 2 to 1 in early returns in Colorado Springs would affect Manitou as well.

Looking toward January , Carpenter said he really thought he could “hit the ground running."

"I’ve been going to council meetings forever," he said. "The only thing that will change is which side of the dais I’m sitting on. My number one thing is to get back to where everybody in Manitou has a voice again.”


And in other mountain town election news, Breckenridge has legalized marijuana!

No comments: