Monday, November 09, 2009

Canya Canon 6K

Had one of my better races in a while at the Canon hill climb on Sunday. People said your finish time is typically whatever your current 10K race fitness is, so I was expecting around 42 minutes. Nailed it in 37:44. Beat fellow CRUD runner Rick H for the first time ever. Think I might have finished in the top ten, but I haven't seen results posted. I managed to run the whole thing (no small feat considering how drunk I got at the Kimchi hash on Saturday) despite some comically steep sections. What a beautiful trail!

Great time afterwards, we killed two kegs of Bristol and then headed to the brewery until they kicked us out at 6PM. Awesome way to spend a Sunday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so Rick says you both had 4 beers each after the race? In my book, that's a tie - where do you get "kicking his ass"?

brownie said...

I was on my way back for round five when the kegs blew. No way Rick woulda finished another round. He may run with SCRUD but he drinks like a NoCRUD guy.