Monday, November 09, 2009

and then there were three...

Made the cut to the final three people for the free rego into TransRockies! I'd be running with an active duty green beret, which would be super cool. Haven't been told much about it, but I believe it's to raise awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. In fact, after some super sleuthy internet research, I believe my partner would be this guy.

I volunteered only using my Army background, but a few days ago I finally received my honorable discharge from the Air Force. Few years late, but better late than never I guess.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That would be very cool - and a very worthy cause. My dad was a green beret and there isn't a one of them that doesn't have something interesting to say.

Justin Ricks said...

Who is making the decision?

brownie said...

The soldier makes the final decision, I think. Again, I don't know a whole lot about it. And JR, what the hell is up with running 10:01?

Rich 23 said...

Whats wrong with 10:01? That was the previous course record for the Nielson Challenge. I thought he ran damn well and was right in the mix for most of the race.

brownie said...

That slacker shoulda ran 9:59! Hell, he was way under ten minutes in Manitou.

Rich 23 said...

While I agree about him being well under 10 minutes at manitou, I was most likely under 9:35 at 2 miles, and look how slow I ran the last mile in. The Nielson course dosen't have 1.5 miles of downhill like Manitou does. Anything under 10:10 is flying at the Nielson.

brownie said...

I'm just trying to get Justin to train more. That way his wife has to stay home with the kids. She's been getting way to close to me at races.

Justin Ricks said...

I think she beat you at the last Fall Series race but I guess who didnt. I think that Matt my partner from TRR is making the decision, I know he was the one that did the work to get the entry for WWP. I sent him a text message telling him you were a real asshole and not to let you in. See you at the Fall Series race on Sunday.

brownie said...

Somebody from Carmichael Training Systems took the names, and I think the Army guy makes the final decision.

Justin, pay attention this Sunday, lots of places to get lost at Palmer Park.