Friday, November 27, 2009

Cottonwood Creek 5K

Won the Cottonwood Creek 5K this morning. Not the finest field ever assembled in the Springs. I ran with two guys in high top basketball sneakers and one guy in jean shorts for about 200 meters before dropping them. Hit the first mile in 6:15 and the race was over. Just worked on turnover and form for the rest of the run. Mile two in 12:39 and then I really slowed things down as I could feel the effects of Route 66 and yesterdays CRUD hill climb and Incline workout. Crossed the finish line in 20:17, at least three minutes ahead of second place. About 50 people total for the race. The shirts were cool, they had a turkey running across Africa on the front.

4 comments:

meredith said...

strong work...a win is a win :)

Brandon Fuller said...

A win? What was your signature move at the finish line?

Paul DeWitt said...

Nice job - you have now won more races than I have this year!

brownie said...

Paul, I won more races last year than you did as well. Get used to it. FYI, I think I have CRUD runner of the year locked up already.