Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Texas workout #2

OK, it's not my second workout. I've already had some epic runs along the greenbelt, a few loops around town lake, and a crapton of miles huffed out here on Lackland AFB. But I'll start logging from here on, so people can see how methodically I kick Lulu's ass.

Tried some speedwork today. Let's just say it didn't go too well. It had been a long time since I tried a workout like this. Add that to the fact that I'm still not acclimated to the Texas weather and I'm just getting back to things after Leadville, and this one wasn't one to write home about. My goal was to do three repeats of two miles, with half a mile of slow jogging in between.

But it wasn't happening today. Ended up doing two repeats. First one was 12:33, second one was 13:44. Ouch. But I'll stick at it. This will be my Wednesday workout from now on, and I'll push for the goal of hitting three repeats in all under twelve minutes. With a 20 minute warm up and a 20 minute cool down, I conservatively estimate my distance at eight miles. Was almost definitely more than that, but I'm trying my best to let Lulu hang around for a bit.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Funny because I am taking it easy this week since I have such a headstart on your sorry ass.