Tuesday, September 04, 2007

San Antonio

Arrived in San Antonio a day early. Apparently the Air Force gets a five day weekend for Labor Day. My orders say cop school starts today but the building is closed until tomorrow. Only in the Air Force...

Computer usage will be spotty for me. I know for a lot of you the highlight of your day is reading my blog, I'll try to update as much as possible but it probably won't be several times a day like I'm able to do at my civilian job.

Pretty good trip so far. Made a triumphant return to the Barfly, though I don't think I puked despite a lot of Lone Star and jager. Thanks to all who showed up.

Crown and Anchor double bacon cheeseburgers are still one of my favorite things in the entire world.

Got to meet a couple of bloggers at kegball, which was a blast. Nothing beats sitting in a big mud puddle in the pouring rain drinking beer. Lulu's tackle of the opposing hottie pitcher was one for the ages!

Went down yesterday morning to watch the Austin Triathlon, the most active thing I've done so far in Texas. My buddy Paul had an awesome run leg and ended up third overall.

Hung out in San Antonio with my old buddy Doggie Style yesterday, visited some quality pubs. Some of yunz should look into doing the Clark Bar tour, a nine pub bus ride. Think it's on October 22. I'll send out info soon.

Back up to Austin today for a long run (I'm already 60 miles behind Lulu but I'll catch up by week's end) and the Hill Country Trail Runners meeting. Big meeting tonight, as I'll finally get the infamous picture frame for completing my first hundred.

Again, I won't be able to answer e-mail in a timely fashion, so if anyone needs to get a hold of me you'll need to call.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to Texas mofo!

Lulu said...

Crazy pitcher is single. And apparently she is still alive, though she was asking if I had any strong pain killers I could offer her!

Gagger said...

Welcome back, Wanker! Let's get our drink on this weekend while we "scout trail" for the Malt Liquor Hash!!!