Wednesday, September 12, 2007

9/12/2007

Things still going well down here in San Antonio.

-The heat and humidity are still giving me issues, mostly laundry related as I sweat about twelve gallons every time I step out my door, but it's getting a little better. Slowly getting used to the weather, and I keep hearing rumors of an upcoming cold front, which will be a relief.

-Was gonna go hit the ACL festival on Saturday. The entire line up this year failed to excite me, but I've always wanted to see the White Stripes. Now, the Stripes have cancelled their show (actually, they've cancelled their entire tour) so I doubt I'll go. Still be in Austin Saturday morning to run with Rogue (starting at the Hill of Life at 7AM if anyone wants to join us) and will hang out there to do the Body's b-day hash on Sunday afternoon.

-Looking forward to my first San Antonio hash this Friday. Never hashed with them as much as I wanted to when I used to live in Austin, mostly because they often hashed on Sunday, the same day as the Austin hash. I was glad to hear they'll do a few more Friday trails before switching back to their Sunday time.

-AF Cop School is going well. Not really a challenge, which is what I expected. Took our first exam on Tuesday, and though the test was actually a lot harder than I thought, I got an 88, which was one of the higher grades in the class. So I'm well in the top 10%, which will get me on the distinguished graduates list. No big deal, but as a TDY student it's the only award I'm eligible for. Did our first PT run today, four miles. Not a bad pace. I think the Air Force recruits are smarter and more athletic than the new guys who were coming into the Army while I was in, but if you asked them to really suffer, be it a hard ruck march or actual combat partols in Iraq or Afghanistan, I'm not real confident they'd be alright.

-Off now for my first speed workout in a long time. There's a two mile running loop here, and I wanna do three repeats with a half mile jog in between. Wanna hit the three loops in about twelve minutes each. A very agressive goal considering the weather and the fact that I haven't run that fast in a long time, but I'm going for it anyways.

-There have been a lot of reports of stolen stuff from my hotel, and it's fairly obvious that the maids are in on it. So anything of value that I have down here, admittedly not much, is locked up. But yesterday when I went to mail out some postcards, I noticed the book of stamps I had was gone. I tore the room up looking for them, but I'm certain they were kifed. Can't believe someone would take postage stamps. A pain in the ass since I'm always in class when the post office is open.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Check with teki, think they moved the date/time to Sundays...or that is happening soon.

aka Moogy said...

Dude, what we call a *cold-front* is drastically different than other folks not from these parts. ;)