Wednesday, September 05, 2007

stuff

Still alive, made it through my first day of Air Force cop school. Pretty weird being next door to a basic training unit, get to see the kiddos getting yelled at all day long. Kinda sad though, the AF guys going through their grueling six week basic training have much better body armor than I had the year I was in Iraq with the Army.

Managed a two-plus hour run on the Greenbelt in Austin yesterday. The heat/humidity combo down here is killing me. Luckily my hard training doesn't start until Saturday when the Rogue-Sunmart group starts. For the record, I have about 16 miles in the Challenge. Very conservative estimate, but I'm not too worried because any day now Lulu will get burned out and return to the couch for oprah re-runs. Hit Lovejoy's after the run for some post-run refreshment. Sure missed that place.

Thanks to Meredith for my picture frame, given to me at the Hill Country Trail Runners meeting for completing my first hundred miler. One of the best gifts I've ever gotten!

Thursday I'll head downtown for my first run along the infamous Riverwalk.

Friday should be fun, off to the Carousel Lounge to see the Mad Cowboys. Finally get to see my good friend Twin Peaks, it's been several years since we last threw down some beers.

Saturday it's the Rogue run and some shenanigans at a dive of my choosing. Sunday morning I'll be down providing moral support at a triathlon at Decker Lake, then probably a lap around Town Lake. Of course, won't miss the Austin hash this week, if they ever get a hare.

Hope to procure a laptop for my room, which has an internet connection. Should be able to blog and e-mail a bit more regularly if that happens.

8 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

I am at LJ's right now. Most hashers now hate the free beer they give us, those ungrateful bastards.

See ya Friday.

Outdoorgirl said...

Ya you need a lap top because My page is cooler then yours noW!

i MAY be drunk but I can still write.


Your blog sucks!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH!!!

Lulu said...

Why aren't you running the 5K at decker Sun? The one you sent me. Are you sure there is a Tri out there Sunday? Were you drunk when you wrote this? You know I am going to kill you! 86 miles in beotch!

Gagger said...

The Body and TAF are the hares for this Sunday, Sept 9.

Maybe Grabber and I can join you for a drink on Sat. We are supposed to be scouting bars for the Malt Liquor Hash.

dayoldfish said...

Mad Cowboys, Hell Yeah! Keep me updated with a bar on Saturday

Nick said...

Gagger? Is the Malt Liquor hash the one in November that I'll be at?

Gagger said...

No. Couldn't bail on the date we had already publicized. Nov 11 will be the Bum Wine Hash!

Nick said...

Sounds awesome. Make sure there is Lone Star too. Donnie hates that shit.

You guys are the best. My pregnant wife is even excited. Oh, by the way, we'll be down late on Saturday afternoon... staying that night... and then we'll be leaving Sunday after the hash.

Will that be okay?