Wednesday, June 28, 2006

what it is, jive turkey?

Haven't posted much of anything for a while, thought I'd take a moment to update my loyal readers on what's going on here in my world.

Saturday morning I volunteered as a course marshall for the Panoramic 4 mile road race over in Bear Creek park. Once again, found about about zillions of acres of cool trails I need to explore. Been having a lot of fun working these shorter races and doing trail clean ups with the Pikes Peak Road Runners, all you runners reading this should try volunteering sometime.

Woke up Sunday with the ambition to run up Pikes Peak with the Incline Club, but that idea was dashed pretty quickly by ominous looking clouds that hung below treeline. I was kind of happy though, haven't felt at the top of my game since San Juan, and running all the way up that hill would have set my recovery back a ways. Still made it to Barr Camp, as you could see from the pic with Slut's shirt. And I can honestly say it's the first time I've run up the Barr Trail with the Incline Club and beat Matt Carpenter (he didn't run). After the run it was over for the usual bacon cheeseburger at the Purple Castle. I've eaten here basically every Sunday since I moved to Colorado, and I never tire of the joint.

Sunday evening I met MeatGazer and some of her wonderful friends downtown at the Tejon Street Bike Festival. Good time, finally got to see Distant Warning, and they were everything I expected them to be. Walked downtown from my house, and was gonna stop at the post office to use their automatic stamp machine, but the lobby was closed. So some of you will be getting mean looks from the mailman soon. TAF's Clark's CD was returned for postage, but all the postcards should be delivered. On the walk home, it started pouring, so I ducked into the Knob Hill Lounge for shelter.

Monday after work it was off to the DIM hash. Great trail! About a dozen of us showed and we had a blast. Trail went from the Squatting Chicken under Nevada Ave and up Pulpit Rock. Sure wish there would have been a beer check up there but Keeps It Up was a wanker.

Tuesday it was the usual debauchery at Jack Quinn's Running Club. 126 people showed up. The club even has a beer sponsor now, local Bristol Brewing. A great run along Fountain Creek followed by $2 pints of Laughing Lab! Woohoo! Nice to see someone besides me supporting local brewers!


This morning I left early for Pueblo, about 45 minutes south of Colorado Springs. Peer Assistance has an office down there and most of the folks who work there were on vacation, so me and another guy from my office went down there to help staff the joint. Easy day, he's a retired 1SG so we just told Army stories and ate the police force's doughnuts all day.

And that's it. The excitement never ends.

1 comment:

Pittchick said...

Sounds like colorado suits you.