Sunday, June 11, 2006

Evans/Spalding; but no beers on Bierstadt...




Just got back and I'll post some tales later, but I ended up doing the Evans/Spalding loop from Summit Lake. I talked to a forest ranger at the top of Evans and he highly suggested not going over the Sawtooth Ridge today, so I took his advice. Still had a great hike though!

Ended up being about a four mile hump, with almost two miles of that being class 2 bouldering over 14,000 feet! Woohoo! Total time for the loop, including a long break on top of Evans, was just under five hours.

2 comments:

artquest1 said...

Hi,
Why in the name of anything at all would you want to visit T or C? Have you been there - it is an absolutely charmless assortment of drab buildings of no discernible distinction on the high desert of Central NM. My sister lives there, and I perform my family duty every few years, but that is the only reason. There is Elephant Butte lake, but other than the novelty (for the locals) of a body of water, it has nothing to offer. Western NM has some lovely areas, and if you are into photography, City Of Rocks State Park, in South Western NM is a don't miss place.
Good luck on your Mountain Quest - Colorado is a visually stunning state - I've also been there quite often, and now my son has a restaurant in Vail (not my favorite town) so back I go in a few months.
Bob

brownie said...

I just saw it on a map, and it wasn't too far out of the way.