Wednesday, June 28, 2006

goals

The Squatting Chicken, which I had been to years ago but hadn't included it on my pub list, was the 35th bar I've visited since I moved to Colorado in late January. I'd like to get that list up to 50 by the time July ends. Which won't be hard, since I can think of at least ten bars within three miles of my house that I haven't been to, and I have virtually not begun to explore the Nevada Ave area or the area up by where I work. It may seem like I've been slacking, but I've been to most of the bars on my list at least twice, and I'm becoming a major regular at the Knob Hill Lounge and the Black Sheep and a frequent visitor to shady joints such as the Red Rock Lounge, Benny's, and the Triple Nickel.

Also have a birthday coming up, and I'd like to have the front range 14ers climbed by then. In fact, I'd like to attempt Longs Peak to finish up the front range on my b-day weekend. Four 14ers remain, but two (Greys and Torreys) can be done in one hike, Bierstadt is an easy climb that I can run if I'm pushed for time, and then Longs. I'd also like to start doing some overnight trips, camping at high altitude and then bagging summits early in the morning.

Shaping up to be a fun July!

5 comments:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Yours is a fun blog, with some of my favorite interests...trailrunning, beer, 14ners, etc.

Happy B'day and Happy trails,
Bad Ben

Doc Savage said...

Your blog sucks!!! I just looked at the NL Central standings and was sad to see the Cards are 2-8 in thier last 10. All was better when I saw your Bucs are 0-10 in their last 10. Oh, and your blog really sucks.

brownie said...

Of course the coolest hasher in the land would have the coolest blog on the internet!

Spotty said...

I love the Sqatting Chicken! Does Aqua still work there?

Cent...no worries Albert is back and we'll start winning again.

All Head, No Shaft said...

First things first! Bars then climbing. But you may have different priorities than me, which makes me the better person.