Saturday, June 10, 2006

Evans/Bierstadt


So in an effort to salvage a broken weekend, I've decided to make an attempt on two 14ers tomorrow, Mt. Evans and Mt. Bierstadt. Bring me just a bit closer to my PBR/cigar quest, and get me halfway through the front range mountains.

Mt. Evans, at 14,264 feet, is the 14th highest peak in Colorado and will be the highest I've climbed so far. Seems like a somewhat easy hike, and I anticipate no problems with this peak. The issue will be crossing the Sawtooth Ridge to bag Bierstadt. A fall here and I'm gonna keep going for a long time, and probably not get back up.

If the ridge proves too dangerous, I'll retreat and bag Mt. Spalding, at 13,842 feet it's the third highest 13er in Colorado. If the day goes unbelievably great I'll nab all three peaks.

To do all this I'll be getting up at 3AM, which gets me started before sunrise. Hope to hit the Tommyknocker Brewery in Idaho Springs for celebratory/disappointment pints afterward, and then high tail it over for the Denver hash.

5 comments:

Eunuch said...

Hey wanker...you're little poll doesn't have a CHOICE...I can see what kind of democracy you advocate...tell people they have a choice, then don't actually offer one! Don't go...it's not worth it. Hell is better

Rafael said...

I thought your car was busted up?

brownie said...

No, I had to buy four new tires, which I took out of my CoTex funds.

Spotty said...

Pork Me Now calls you wanker. My question to you regrading missing CoTex is what girl did you piss off?

Jes said...

So did you make it????