Sunday, March 12, 2006

When Animals Attack

Less than ten minutes into a five hour run this morning, some little shit dog took a nice chunk out of my leg. My first thought was "OK, time to crush this asshole dog's skull" but I got away from the dog and took a few moments to collect my thoughts. My favorite pair of running pants were ruined, but the injury to my leg wasn't bad. The lady who had the dog, on a leash, was freaking out. Of course, this was the first time her dog had ever done this and blah, blah, blah. Didn't feel like turning around, but I gave her my number and told her that I expect her to replace the pants but that I was gonna live.

I've had several close calls with dogs, as most runners have. Of course, every time I'm bitten it's always the dog's first time ever doing that...whatever. Anyways, if you have a dog, and have that dog around people, keep control of your fucking mutt!

Made for a great quote though. One of my fellow ICers passed by as I was talking to the dog's owner and said, "screw the mountain lions, it's those minature collies you gotta watch out for!"

No comments: