Friday, March 17, 2006

Been pretty busy this week, here's the update you've all been waiting for.

Two Austin buddies, Pete and Melissa, came in for a visit. It was great seeing them. Got in quite a few good workouts. On Monday morning we got lost out at Waldo Canyon, ended up running around for over two hours. Great way to start the week! Showed those two a bunch of the trails up here and a bunch of the dive bars.

Found out that MeatGazer will not come to Platte Road to drink. Called her from the Knob Hill Lounge on Wed night, and she said, "oh, I don't drink in that part of town." Which was good that night, since she was with some of her Air Force friends who I don't necessairly think too highly of. And I think it was more of the AF people who wouldn't come to Platte Road. Which is just one of the many reasons I like that part of town! No chain bars either, so all yunz Hooters fans will hafta make the long drive up north if you come to visit.

Pete and Melissa had to bolt last night, so I'm by myself for the Salida Marathon tomorrow. I'm now to the point where running 26.2 miles isn't anything of a big deal anymore, just a quick training run. Of course tomorrow might be a quick training run where I throw up some green beer, but oh well. Rebekah will be trying her first half marathon tomorrow, everyone wish her luck.

Been getting bombarded with all the bracketology bitching about Air Force making the tourney, since the school is about ten miles from my house. As I've said before, I have yet to be impressed with any of the Air Force folks I've met up here, so I hope the Falcons lose big. I'm really, really glad that in case our country needed defended, the Army, Marines, Navy, and Coast Guard would be called before the USAF.

Hmmm...what else. Got Nickel Creek tix, they're coming to Colorado Springs next month. Also off to see the Keller Williams show in less than a month, woohoo! I must say the music scene in the Springs ain't much, but the scene in Denver seems pretty cool.

Time to get some work done before I head out to Salida. Happy St. Pat's day, everyone! Remember, you don't have to be Irish to throw up on St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Pittchick said...

Good Luck tomorrow. Good luck to rebekah as well.
I'm gonna see the clarks tomorrow night and of course, go out drinking this afternoon and tonight for the Pitt game.