Tuesday, March 24, 2015

weekend

Good times this past weekend.

Ran up to No Name Creek on Saturday morning, nine miles on the round trip.  Pretty much snow free to that point, gets messy after that.  But with the warm weather it won't be long until all the white stuff is gone.  Anyhow, judging by this run I have some work to do on the climbs before August.

After the run, Carson and I headed up to Nederland to visit Slow Aaron.  We had lots of time, so we hit some breweries along the way.  First stop was Red Leg.


Then we hit a new one for me, Grist Brewing Company.  It's very much a Highlands Ranch joint, all shiny and clean and nice and upity.  Beer was OK.  They're going to have to step up their game if they want to compete with Living The Dream just down the road.


They had a machine that would fill up a growler.  Seemed to me they were taking something that is usually a pretty easy job and making it very difficult.  Kind of like any running gear that is not a pair of sneakers.


It had been a long time since I had visited the Rocky Flats Lounge, so we made a quick stop there.


And one last brewery for the trip, a new favorite.  Loved the vibe of this place in Ned.  I definitely recommend dropping by when you're in the area, and I can't wait to go back.  The Royal We IPA was the shit!


And then no more pictures until the next morning.  Aaron rented a house in Ned, and this was the view the next morning while slugging coffee to battle my hangover.


No comments: