Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pikes

I'm signed up for the Double.

This will be my first race in a new age bracket.  One of only two races I'll give a decent effort in for 2015.  The goal will be to break three on Saturday, and five on Sunday.  Lofty, but I'm convinced that the only reason I haven't gone sub three on that mountain has been because I have yet to put together a decent race there.  I think going sub three at NYC will be tougher than sub three at Pikes seeing as I live on the mountain.  But I'm sick of talking about how 2:59 should be easy for me.  Time to put up or shut up.

Beating GZ will be glorious as well.

Stole this pic off Christian Murdock.


4 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Isn't GZ only doing the marathon?
You taking bets?

GZ said...

Your issue in breaking five will be all about the down.

brownie said...

Yes, we have a bet. It includes him singing the Pitt fight song at Manitou Brewing after the race.

I've come down in under two before.

Bob Johnson said...

I don't know what your bet is but if I may I'd like to throw some PA beer into it.