Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sunday

On Sunday I threw a passed out Carson into the jeep and headed home from Nederland.  Did some back roads exploring for the big bike ride coming up this weekend, and then hit Pikes Peak Brewing.  Yes, Carson slept the entire time.


After getting home, $100, Amanda, and I headed over to Red Rock Canyon on the bikes.  Such a great day to enjoy the back yard!  After some time on the trails there we decided to jump on the bike path and head down to Brewer's Republic.


Forget who I was talking to, but I was bragging about having tubeless tires and how I never, ever get flats.  Of course on the ride home I hit a glass bottle and it took a big chunk out of the tire.  A new tire for the bike (I went with the Continental Mountain King) runs 65 bones!  Crikey, but so worth it.  I've rode the Salsa hard for a full year now and this is the first time I've had to put any significant money into the bike.  Probably would have had to replace the tires soon anyways as they were getting pretty worn down.

No comments: