Sunday, February 01, 2015

weekend

Another awesome weekend in the books.

Mellow Friday night down at Iron Bird Brewing following an eight miler in the Garden.  Met some friends on the Old Pueblo team and talked a bunch of shit we're going to ride while drinking beer all day, the typical shenanigans.  Found out this morning that our ringer hurt his ankle playing disc golf yesterday.  Has to be the first ever disc golf injury.

Nice five mile run at Red Rock Canyon on Saturday morning.  Think I saw every single Colorado Springs runner in the park.  Afterwards I had dog watch duty so $100 could head out for her run, then I jumped on the bike for a few miles.  Got in a decent 17 miler on the Santa Fe trail, cut way short by a rain/snow mix and cold weather.

Saturday night we headed out on the town.  A stop at the Wild Goose for some pre-show drinks and then off to see Whitewater Ramble.  A Fort Collins band, definitely check those guys out if you live here on the Front Range.


And with stickers like these, they have to be one of GZ's favorite bluegrass bands:



Sunday was the annual Super Half Marathon here in the Springs.  I was feeling pretty good and thought I had a decent shot at going sub 90, which was the goal.  Surprised myself with a 1:27:40.  Barely hung on the final 5K and that sub 1:28 could have very easily gone to a 2+ hour half pretty quickly as my legs just aren't used to that pace nowadays.  Lots of work to do before NYC, but this is a good start for me.

Tim, the RD and the brains behind Pikes Peak Sports, has really turned this half into an event for us Springs runners.  So awesome to hammer the race and then see everyone at a bar afterwards.


Of course, I could only take so much of Quinn's, so after a few beers we headed down to a real Irish dive, Murphy's.



I'm sore as shit after that half marathon.  Getting old sucks.

2 comments:

GZ said...

You ain't old.

Is this the year you venture into burro racing?

brownie said...

My animal running this year will be concentrated on the dog. I'll hopefully come drink beer on Mosquito Pass and watch you work hard though.