Friday, February 06, 2015

Semi-Rad

Good times up at Salvagetti Bikes last night!

Had a bit of time so we hit up a new brewery.  Very impressed with Diebolt Brewing Company, only a few blocks from the bike shop.  Their Mariposa American Pale Ale was solid and definitely something I'll return for.  Hat tip to Kircher for recommending this place.


Then it was off to the main event, an evening of storytelling with Brendan Leonard, Mr. Semi-Rad himself.  Been reading his stuff for years now and it was cool to meet him.  You can see he was just as thrilled to meet me.


I think that was his serial killer look.  I also got to experience his politician pose.  Semi-Rad for president!


I don't really have to sell this guy to the folks who read this blog, but definitely go see him if he's in your area.  And read his blog every Thursday.  After his presentation I got to chat with him for a bit, and I got some bonus Pearl Jam stories out of him.  Great stuff!

Fixie Dave works across the street from me, so I picked him up.  Otherwise he probably would have rode his fixed gear fat bike to and from Denver.


Such a great time in Denver could only be ended with a trip to Pikes Peak Brewing for some Elephant Rock IPA.


Not too shabby of a Thursday.  Needless to say, the evening of awesome people and awesome beer left me pretty stoked about the fact that I have a Surly Ice Cream Truck reserved for the entire weekend!

1 comment:

Bob Johnson said...

Got the his first book for Xmas this year. I hope he makes it to my neck of the woods soon, but I doubt it.