Sunday, February 08, 2015

Ice Cream Truck

Really made the most of the weather this weekend.  The Salsa is in the shop getting a tune up to make sure she's good to go for Old Pueblo, so I decided to rent a fat bike.  Love The Hub, who gave me the bike from Saturday morning until Monday evening for $35.

On Saturday I took off to do some climbing.  Had a great time heading up High Drive, often having my garmin stop keep tracking splits as it quits if you're going under one mph.  Hard work, but hot damn was it fun!


75F in the Springs, but I still found some snow.  The going was slow and tough but there's no way I could have rode this route on skinny tires.

Went up High Drive and then rode Cap't Jacks and came back down Gold Camp Road.  Have I mentioned fat bikes are fun on downhills?  Here's a shot overlooking the Broadmoor:


Tooled around Stratton Open Space for a bit.


And then a few miles in Red Rock Canyon.  Ending at Fossil Brewing.


$100 and I then rode over to Manitou for a night out.  Great times!  First stop was Mantiou Brewing.  After a few Spot Hop IPAs I started sampling their fine selection of booze.


Then we went over to Kinfolk's for some Bob Dylan.


And then the Mariner for some Grant Sabin.


Awesome, awesome times.  All while riding around on a fat bike.  Of course, no trip home from Manitou is complete without a stop at the Red Rock Lounge.


1 comment:

Bob Johnson said...

Had some Troegs myself but it was inside looking out. Our weather was not nearly as stellar as the Front Range seems to have been nearly all winter, so far.
Looks like a great ride.