Friday, February 27, 2015

it's still cold

So sick of this weather.

Still staying somewhat active though.  Wednesday morning was a slow and slippery five miler around the neighborhood in the AM, and an easy 5K with the Team RWB guys in the evening.  Got to ride a Surly Krampus on Wednesday!  Bonus - I got to ride it indoors where it was warm!

Might have had a few too many brews on Wednesday night.  Started at Red Leg, then headed downtown to the Ute & Yeti, then across the street to Brewer's Republic.  Great way to spend a Wednesday evening!  Luckily work had a two hour delay on Thursday, my hangover appreciated that.

Another two hour delay on Friday, but it was 7F when I woke up, so I headed down to the YMCA to work out.  Half hour in the gym followed by four miles on the treadmill.  Also got over to CityRock at lunch.

Think I'm going to bail on the final race of the Winter Series tomorrow.  Not worth driving to Black Forest on these roads.

Dog update:  she had an x-ray on Thursday and the vet said she is healing nicely.  Once this weather clears up, we're allowed to start taking her on leashed walks.  Won't be long until we're out hiking off leash with her once again.  Really miss my Incline hikes with her, both because they're fun, and because they give all the dog hating friends of the incline peeps a heart attack.

I signed up for a climbing class at CityRock.  Little more intense climbing workout than I'm used too, hopefully it brings me some big improvements in that area of my life.  Starts next Friday, 6:30AM to 8:30AM.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I got damned lucky with the weather today. Had to wait till it warmed up some before heading out and was able to get my run finished JUST as the snow started. The first few miles I actually had some blue sky and sunshine. At first I was like, "WTF is that?!"