Sunday, February 22, 2015

I hate snow

Decent run on Saturday right before the storm blew in.  Out and back from the house to Rampart Range Road and back, 13 miles in two hours.

Sunday was a wash with the heavy snow on the westside (5+ inches, laughable by east coast standards but a lot for us).  Got out for a five miler in the Garden.  Channeled my inner Brandon about 1.5 miles into the run with a WOD, which was titled "help an old lady get her stuck car out of the snow."  Also performed the crossfit favorite "shoveling the walks" several times today.

40 miles running on the week, another 24 on the bike.  February is turning into a down month.  Shitty weather the beginning of the month as well as at least the next week, and all the travel from the Tucson trip.  At least I spent every night over the past week in a brewery, which I believe is a first for me.  Not worried about the lack of miles on the month as there aren't any important races on the horizon, though it looks like Salida will be a nice hike over the final 10K.

On Thursday I caught Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormans over at Bristol.  Great stuff!


Jerry has penned some of the songs for Widespread Panic.  They didn't play Climb To Safety like I was hoping for, but they hit enough for me to get my Panic fill until I see them at Jazzfest.



The Bristol haters are going to flip out over the new sign.


3 comments:

Andy said...

Dude, I hear you on the snow. I feel especially sucker-punched by the weather gods and the forecast for here this week is for snow everyday except for tomorrow, Tuesday. I was joking with Melissa that the Aspen High School Track team must really suck as their track is under two feet of snow the majority of the school year. And try as I might this year to embrace skiing again in my life, I just can't take to it, so I have no use for all of this white shit anymore... It was fun to look at in December, blah, blah, blah, but now it just needs to go. LOL!

The Padre said...

I dig Jerry in a big way!!! He has a new cast of characters from your photo. Drag not seeing Jr on Bass. Thanx 4 all the brew updates, travel safe, & stay strong. Cheers

brownie said...

Padre, give the band Stockholm Syndrome a listen if you haven't. Good stuff with Jerry and Dave from WP and some other jam studs.