Sunday, February 22, 2015

Animas Brewing Company

I mentioned that I was in a brewery every day for a week.  On Sunday it was Barrio Brewing down in Tucson.  On Monday it was any number of breweries in Durango.  On Tuesday it was Moonlight Pizza in Salida.  On Wednesday and Thursday it was Bristol for some beers and music.  On Friday it was the weekly trip to Red Leg.  And just to keep things going, I braved the snow on Saturday night and walked over to Fossil.  Good times!

The streak was broken today as Fossil was closed, and I didn't feel like driving or biking anywhere.

While in Durango we hit their newest brewery (as well as Durango Brewing and Ska Brewing), Animas Brewing Company.  Yet another reason to spend some time in Durango.  Had the IPA and it was good.  Didn't have much time to spend here unfortunately, $100 was looking forward to the Pagosa hot springs and with all the shit she put up with during the Old Pueblo trip I didn't want to deny her on that.


Dog is not a fan of the place though.  She told us to go on in and she was just going to chill in the parking lot with a stogie, but she was denied.


Solarweasel, you're on the clock.  You only get 14 days to redeem this.


4 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Is the Tucson beer scene worth a drive down from Phoenix (will be there in October)? I've had Nimbus Brewing a few times but it may not exist these days.
Also will be hitting up New Glarus on my way to Yellowstone this summer.

brownie said...

Tucson is fun, but if you're making a drive from Phoenix I would suggest heading up to Flagstaff. Some great beers up there.

Bob Johnson said...

I will be in Flagstaff first visiting my dad. All the breweries there will be visited. Then it is off to my aunts in Phoenix and will hit up three or four there. Gonna be a busy two weeks.

mtnrunner2 said...

Durango is getting pretty close to one brewery per capita