Tuesday, December 30, 2014

beer 364


Another Karbach Brewing concoction, the Weekend Warrior Pale Ale.  Love the checklist on the side of the can:


One more day on the beer challenge.  Not sure what brew I'll go with yet.

Working on some workout goals for 2015.  Really liked the addition of biking in '14, so I think I'm going to shoot for 3000 miles on the bike and 2000 miles running for the year.  For 2014, it looks like I'll hit 1985 miles running and 2630 miles on the bike.  Lowest mileage in years, probably decades, on the run for me, but I feel fit and had a lot of fun not having running as the only focus of my athletic life.  Of course, going sub three at Pikes and NYC will be the main focus for me, so while the mileage won't be there the hard work (hopefully) will.

5 comments:

Davids1174 said...

When I looked at my bike miles for the year I thought that can't be right, but I spent a lot more time on the trails than on the road this year so I guess it makes sense.

mtnrunner2 said...

End of year, I'd go for a North Coast Rasputin (winter = stout) or an Upslope Christmas Ale, but you've probably had both of those by now.

brownie said...

DS, a lot of my bike miles are not much faster than my running miles (which are slow as well).

Had the Upslope Christmas, which I might pick up again now that you mention it. Not the North Coast though. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Bob Johnson said...

That's some good miles on the bike; nice work.
I did a decent amount of cycling (not as much as you) this year and it never gets old.

Pliny the Elder for the last beer of 2014?

mtnrunner2 said...

Stone Brewing's Drink By 12.26.14 was one my last beers of 2014 (I was late by five days). Funny, I've had conversations about whether Pliny or Drink By is the best limited-release beer, and it's a close race. I can get Drink By for $8 when it comes out, so for me that clinches it.