Sunday, December 14, 2014

beer 347

Completed the Grand Slam of 5Ks here in Colorado Springs, the YMCA race series.  Wasn't feeling very well going into the race, but it turned out pretty well.  Course was not a fast one, as at least 1.5 miles of this was on a dirt path, but I was able to crank out an 18:16.  I was in some pain that last mile, but it was worth it.  See the guy behind me here as I cross the finish line?


Yeah, that's none other than local superstar Gerald.  We were neck and neck at mile two, but I was able to get away from him.  It is his offseason and he does a great job at getting fat and lazy, but it was nice to get the rare W against the most electrifying man in running.  Thanks to Pikes Peak Sports for that pic.

After the race another local superstar, Peter M, and I met up to drink a growler from Living The Dream.  This was the Arrogant Hipster Lager.  According to their website, it drinks like a PBR, but with tighter jeans.




2 comments:

Matt said...

My next shakedown has to include (securely wrapped) one of those pint glasses. Looking good in race and post-race form, JT!

The Padre said...

Dig The Sub 20min 5k & Congrats on the Steelers victory today!!! Cheers