Monday, March 25, 2013

weekend

Had big plans for a high mileage weekend but this damn Colorado weather put the kebash on that.  Did get out for two hours on Saturday through Red Rock Canyon/Intemann/Sec 16.  On Sunday morning it was 7 friggin' degrees in Memorial Park for the Incline Club run.  Just about signed in and went back to bed but since I burned the gas to get to Manitou I figured I'd do something.  Incline #18 but I gots to say I did not enjoy it at all.

Hopefully this is winter's last stand.

Thinking of throwing this race onto the schedule to knock out Nebraska on the 50 state list.  Plus I could use it as an excuse to finally visit Carhenge.  And since I'm visiting Austin this summer and flying into San Antonio, I could pull off the double and visit the toilet seat museum.  I know you're jealous.

4 comments:

Shad Mika said...

Here is another ultra in Nebraska for you, it was actually my first ultra back in 2007.

http://dalenielsen68626.tripod.com/

Rob Timko said...

True Story: I used to make ~30k/yr cash as an "artist" painting stupid things like toilet seats (and cars/motorcycles..I even painted the bell to the Andrea Dorea) http://rtimko.smugmug.com/Art/Pinstriping/6505697_fVjRdr#!i=422943052&k=ScW3PRx - Look how many are stupid toilet seats!! No less than $100-150 a pop. People are crazy.

WahooSean said...

I'll second Shad's comment: Bohemian Alps is THE ultra in Nebraska. I'm also a bias Neb boy who grew up in the foothills of the Bohemian Alps. Don't go to the "city" to run a trail race.

brownie said...

Whatever. Do the Counting Crows have a song called "Brainard?" Yeah, didn't think so.

No, looks cool, but the October date fits better for me. But we'll see...