Monday, March 11, 2013

Salida

Another Salida Marathon in the books, my eighth finish at that race.  4:16:59.  Little slower than I was hoping for, but still a pretty solid training run.  Forgot the watch at home and I'm pretty sure I started way too slow to have any chance to run around four hours.  I guess running with Slow Aaron for the first few miles should have been a hint.


Good second half of the race, didn't get my ass handed to me on the downhills like I usually do.  Stopped twice for beer, and even in this area I wasn't my usual self - at the mile 20 aid station, they told me I was only the third guy to crack a brew there.

Nick ran as fast as he ever has on the new course and out leaned me at the tape by a scant 1:09:01.  He now owes me beer!  And I paid my rego for Quad Rock, so don't be trying to count the finish line Pateros Creek brew as settlement of the bet!

No comments: