Thursday, March 14, 2013

bikers are retarded

Had to run (drive) home over lunch and there was a cyclist taking up an entire lane on Colorado Ave.  Of course he didn't care that he was causing traffic issues.  Whether or not it's legal, it once again raises my hatred of cyclists since, like I have said many times before, why the hell are you riding on busy Colorado Ave when there is a bike lane one block to the south and an empty Pikes Peak Ave one block to the north!  Grrrrr!  Which is why I'm not going to shed a tear when you get your bike stolen while out celebrating your KOM.  For the record, when I ride to work I use a combination of Pikes Peak and Bijou (bike lane), then ride home via the hike-and-bike path that is always empty.

Saw Ryan Hall dropped out of Boston.  Been a while since the guy has had anything go well for him.

13 comments:

dug said...

As a bike rider I couldn't agree more. We're pricks.

brownie said...

I've been averaging ten miles a week on the bike in 2013, so I feel fully qualified to make blanket statements about that population.

dug said...

10 miles a week qualifies me to make blanket statements about runners.

brownie said...

I'm definitely down for ripping on runners! I'm pretty sure the entire statewide Runner's Roost team wants to beat my ass.

But I'd love to know the reasoning for riding on Colorado Ave when there are better options available. Is it so more people can see the expensive bikes and colorful spandex?

mike_hinterberg said...

The Strava thing is interesting and ironic.

Agree about bad cyclists, but also, one of these days -- one of these days, I tell you! -- you'll probably see a driver doing something that annoys you. Be sure to let us know!

Jeremy said...

the people that ride on Colorado also blow through lights and then bitch about cars not giving them 3 feet. I hate riding on that side of town because of the people, not the cars.

Tom said...

JT-
I just moved near you and I work on the east side of Memorial Park. Wanting to start bike commuting. What are the quitest roads by memorial park. I work on Parkside Dr & Pikes Peak.

brownie said...

Great, another faster runner in the neighborhood.

Head east on Pikes Peak, north on Chestnut to Bijou, Bijou east to Parkside. You will have to do a weird detour on High Street since Bijou doesn't run all the way through. Very little traffic on that route, it's probably around six miles.

You can also take the Midland Trail to America the Beautiful Park, and work through downtown to Bijou.

Be sure to always do something annoying on the bike so I have something to blog about if I see you.

Tom said...

Lets run and drink beer neighbor.

Andy said...

Midland trail sucks. There are too many stops and intersections, same for Pikes Peak. But I agree, taking up a whole lane is douchey.

Hone said...

Bikers are A-holers.

Hey do you get mountains bikers in CO that wear matching team kits on random trails in the mountains? It is hilarious. The other day I came up on 10 dudes in matching spandex in the middle of nowhere on some single track trail. What a bunch of weirdos.

brownie said...

Silly Andy, you don't have to obey stop signs on a bike!

brownie said...

Hone - we see that with roadies here all the time! But not so much with the MTB guys.