Tuesday, March 19, 2013

cougar awareness/shocker preparation

Feel like I'm 13 years old again.

Beware the cougars!


No, not that kind.  I mean the kind that will eat your weiner dog right off the leash!  There are some places around here I won't take the dog this time of year, namely the very south end of Red Rock Canyon, Intemann, and Sec 16.

And I've been hearing a lot about shockers lately.  Can't wait for Pitt to crush Wichita State on Thursday.  Once again I've picked Pitt to win the whole damn thing, this is our year!  Not sure if Jenna Bush disagrees with me, or if it just takes too much brain power to do the hook 'em horns thing.


3 comments:

Local Mind Media said...

Aside from seeing one live pretty close up two weeks ago, I've been seeing tracks on about every other run. The coolest tracks were hoof prints with lion prints following. They were fresh, like a couple hours (I know this because of the fresh snow and drifting that morning).

Yesterday my neighbor said, "Yeah, one (a lion) comes in your yard often and the bears will be in the yard soon too." Pippit's going to have to learn how to use a kitty litter and stay inside from now on.

brownie said...

Yeah, I imagine the problem is much worse up there in banjo country where you live.

We had a bear in our yard once, and the dog actually scared it away. Never seen a mountain lion in the wild though.

the mom said...

make sure you guard my grandog.