Friday, November 25, 2011

turkey trot

Another shot near the finish, courtesy of Tim at Pikes Peak Sports. I was really hanging by a thread by this point.

Think the course was the correct 3.1 miles, but the mile markers were probably off. Hit mile one at 5:50 (thought I was faster) and mile two at 11:10 (thought I was slower, and my second mile definitely wasn't 5:20). Not a good race for me, didn't get to warm up and really struggled to hang on the entire race.

First place 35-39 age group. 20th overall (2900+ finishers). First chick was 18 flat, so I crushed her, though two women were beating me at the first mile marker.

Wish there were more 5k's in my future, pretty sure I could go sub 17:30 on a flatter course.

McMillan says that 5K time converts to a 2:52:53 marathon.

1 comment:

GZ said...

I thought about posting that IM vid too.

Nice pain face with the 5k. Well done.