Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday

AM - Run to work. 5.5 miles (much longer than JP), 53 minutes.
PM - Run home. 5.5 miles, 54 minutes.

Just to show that not everyone from Pennsylvania lacks morals: yesterday I picked up two tix to the Western States 100 movie at Mountain Chalet. As I was walking out the door, I noticed the guy at the counter actually gave me three tickets, even though I had only paid for two. Could have walked with a free ticket. But I took the extra ticket back and returned it. The clerk thanked me, and I told him that had it been store merchandise I definitely would have bolted, but I would have felt bad for taking money from a local trail group.

Looking forward to the movie. Need to come up with some really off the wall, non-running related questions to ask Tony at the Q and A thing they're doing.

Will hit 2800 miles on the way home today. By this time last year I was at 3300 miles and had recently finished my fourth hundred miler of the summer. Despite the fame and glory and wealth I got from finishing the Rocky Mountain Slam, I'll take the lower mileage and lack of PF issues anyday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

double or nothing(you already owe me a bottle of colorado's finest for the nd massacre): if you get kicked out the Q&A, we are even!

GZ said...

Hmmm ... non running related questions. That could be fun.

trudginalong said...

Ask Tony if the knee injury has taken away from his sex life.

brownie said...

I'm just going to ask him questions about Jen Shelton all night long.

J.P. Patrick said...

I think now is the time that you should start doing really, really long all-out tempo runs every day for the remaining time until Vegas. Really sharpen that speed up!

brownie said...

JP, you'll notice that most of my runs have now dropped below the ten minutes per mile mark. Gettin' after it Kenyan style!