Thursday, November 03, 2011

quote of the day

Picked this up off letsrun:

"I'm confident I can handle pain. I'm confident I can handle the length of time, but my biggest fears come from things like, what happens if I have to, like, go poop? I mean, what do you do? Really. Do you stop or do you just do it?"
-Lauren Fleshman, who will be making her marathon debut in NYC

Uh, Lauren, you friggin' stop and find a shitter. What are you, four months old? Did they not teach you at Stanford that crapping your pants in front of millions of people is a bit embarrassing?

6 comments:

Jesse said...

refer her to the expert on this subject:

http://brandon.fuller.name/blog/

Feets of Pedestrianism said...

Only thing more embarassing is getting passed by the chick that shat her pants. Trust me on this one.

mtnrunner2 said...

Distance running turns people into animals.

Jeff Valliere said...

Tell that to Brandon.

brownie said...

The only time I shit in public while running is when I run by O'Day's porch. Which is about twice a day.

Anonymous said...

The question was answered by Paula Radcliffe in the 2005 London Marathon when she pulled aside her singlet and left a turd on the course on her way to a world record ( http://charliebroadway.blogspot.com/2011/10/heroes-paula-radcliffe.html ).