Tuesday, June 21, 2011

San Juan

13:34:30. Went really, really hard on the uphills. Went really, really easy on the downhills. Just didn't feel like racing that day, so I didn't. Only had one bad stretch, the new dirt road along Lake San Cristobal, but at the end of that section someone handed me a Ranger IPA so it was all good.

Hoping they post the aid station splits. To say I wasted 90 minutes on the day goofing off at aid stations might be too little. I remember checking into Vickers at 11:59, then covering the final 3.5 miles to finish in 13:34. That included a stop at the Packer Saloon about 200 meters from the finish line.

Still, had a lot of fun being in the mountains and BSing with the MOP guys. I'd be more than OK with a year in which I only got to race twice - San Juan and Hardrock.

Best part of the weekend was the post race pub crawl. Packer Saloon, Restless Spirits ($2 bottles of Dixie!), and the Depot. Good times!

Action shot of me during the race. You can tell I'm in a hurry.

3 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

AMAZING.

Jaime said...

I love the Packer Saloon. Though it never dawned on me to stop for a drink prior to crossing the finish line. There's always next year for that.

MW said...

ha!