Wednesday, June 22, 2011

annoying SF fundraising

Using a race for fundraising is one of my big pet peeves. I keep getting e-mails from Sophia Bush and the San Francisco Marathon asking for loot for some celebrity cause. There are definitely things I'd pay her for, but saving the trees isn't one of 'em. To make it even worse, I find out today that she's not even running the marathon. She's only doing the 5K. Ugh. Hell, Valerie Bertanelli at least ran Boston (I crushed her, FYI).

So no, I'm not going to pay several hundred dollars to attend some pasta fest with Ms. Bush, whom I assume is some reality TV star. However, maybe post race I'll pull one of these and get some good views...

(Sorry, I just had to work that Boulder article into a post somehow)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fucking British races are ALL about fundraising. You say you are entered and the first thing out of anyone's mouth is who are you raising money for...no one, fuck the lame, crippled and tarded; they're the one's blocking the way as you try to make time, anyway.

Jim P. said...

That "celebrity cause" helps pay my colleagues' salary. You've been freeloading on this planet too long. Time to pay up: http://www.crowdrise.com/TeamNatureConservancySF2011/fundraiser/sophiabush?s_intc=tab1p2

That said, who is Sophia Bush? I've been meaning to ask around about that.

MW said...

I'm going for a training run tomorrow morning and would like to raise money for the fight against child laziness.
I'm then going to lunch with a friend to raise money for testicular elephantitis.
Later in the day, I will be taking a dump and will be looking to raise at least $100 for my bar tab that night.
Can you spare a few bucks?

Sophia Bush is hot, but i've never seen anything she's ever been in. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Bush

About to walk downstairs to refill my money. care to donate a few bucks to my walk?