Monday, April 18, 2011

R2R2R


Third trip across the Canyon and back. Not too shabby, lots of goofing off. 5:10ish to the North Rim, spent about 80 minutes drinking Tecate at Phantom Ranch on the way back. Was 13:05 to the Bright Angel trailhead, then it took me forever to fight through the tourists to get to the bar.

Great job to everyone at Boston today. Have a lot of catching up to do as I went without the interweb this weekend, but it seems like everyone PR'd by a lot. New member of Team Shart as well, and she gets bonus points for rockin' the Air Force shirt:

2 comments:

Patrick Thurber said...

those 80 minute beer stops are requisite, though. runner's world tells me that improper hydration is, like, bad for my baby or something.

zagbag said...

So one can buy beer at Phantom eh? I won't have to pack as many LoneStars now! Pete and I are ready to duplicate the effort early next month. When does the first mule train head down in the morning? I'm thinking of a 4:30 departure. Glad to hear there is a bar on the S rim!