Friday, April 01, 2011

Denver brewery tour?

Been thinking about breweries all day since JMock sent me this article on the Arvada Beer Company, which will open in June.

Really falling behind in my quest to visit all of Colorado's breweries. Six months ago I was over halfway. Now, I'm well below that mark and looking to fall further behind since that article states that Denver is getting five more breweries this summer. With those five, my very unofficial count is that this great state has 155-ish total breweries.

I'll start hitting the Denver pubs now, as I have several trips scheduled up that way over the next two months.

One of those trips is for the Kohl Elementary 5K , where I plan to challenge Kohl's Fastest Dad for about a mile before dropping back to 51st place to collect some big prize money (last year that time was 24:24, think I can handle that). Later that evening, the Rockies take on MLB's surprise team, my beloved Buccos (who are currently undefeated, FYI).

So what to do between the end of the race and the 6PM game time? Anyone up for a tour of downtown Denver microbreweries???

3 comments:

GZ said...

Are you really going to count the places back?

brownie said...

Of course. I see you're not as dedicated to mediocrity and easy money as I am.

HappyTrails said...

Good running into you on the trail JT - you had to have been fricking blazing by the time you got home in that heavy shirt! Shoot me a note if you need company on the next suffer fest - you might be able to twist my arm. Good luck on the R2R2R.