Thursday, April 28, 2011

Garden

Nice run with the Sunrise Striders this morning. Got there by 5:30AM for some bonus miles, then hit "the track" in the Garden for some 800m simulators. 7 x 3 minutes, one minute RBI. Total of 9.2 miles in 80 minutes.

Now it's time to start the taper for the Kohl Elementary 5K. Very tall order to take down GZ in his back yard, but you never know - maybe he gets caught up in a tactical race for the highly coveted Kohl's Fastest Dad trophy and I can sneak in a cheap win. Think with all the competition there I can get my Colorado PR, which currently stands at 18:30. Brandon keeps squawking but I have yet to confirm he'll show up...

4 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

Spent $27.94 on Active.com to come and kick your ass.

brownie said...

Sweet. Wonder how much media attention our rematch will take away from the royal wedding tomorrow?

GZ said...

zzzzz.

At this moment, I am expecting to run with my son - so I ought to finish about 10 minutes behind you guys. Or about 35 minutes overall.

brownie said...

Lies. All lies. You are either going to A) crush me on your way to defending KFD; or B) pace your son to Kohl's Fastest Student, which looks to be around 25 minutes.

Guess I can't sit in your kid's shadow and kick, Brandon says he's gonna run 18:19 to get into the A wave.