Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cheyenne Mountain 50k

Getting too old to do this crap hungover. 6:33 for the 32.5 mile course. Was good through about 35K, then I decided to try Jeff Galloway's run/walk method of training. By 45K I had switched to the brownie walk/meander method.

Did the entire run on coke, PBR, and M&M's. Just didn't feel like drinking water today. Got a nice compliment from an aid station worker when she said to $100, "that guy doesn't look like a runner." Evan would have been proud.

Very nice event out there at the mountain. Nice, local run to add to the calendar. I can see it growing similar to the Salida marathon. Great to see so many familiar faces out there today!

7 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

I knew I should have come!

brownie said...

Heard a rumor you might show up on Saturday. But I'm sure my blazing pace this afternoon will scare you off.

Patrick Thurber said...

this is an important next step in running and drinking.

http://www.burton.com/mens-bags-luggage-packs-beeracuda/246383,default,pd.html

brownie said...

Supposidly you can get those at Old Navy for cheaper.

Darren said...

New Book: "How NOT to look like a Runner." by JT.

Chapter 1 - It's all about the shorts.

Chapter 2 - The Walk/Meander method

Chapters 3-99 - Beer!

ChrisB said...

I like the nutrition plan. I think that course had 2,000' of climb on the first lap, and 10,000 on the second. Very nice race, hope they keep it going.

Hone said...

Take off the watch and you would be golden.