Wednesday, August 12, 2009

post-Hardrock blues?

Reviewing my training log since Hardrock, and it's not very impressive.

Weekly totals since finishing Hardrock on July 12:

7/13 to 7/19 - 8.2 miles, 1:31:11
7/20 to 7/26 - 57.0 miles, 13:05:11
7/27 to 8/2 - 30.2 miles, 7:35:36
8/3 to 8/9 - 49.0 miles, 8:38:36

Not going to inspire a lot of confidence heading into Pikes Peak and Leadville, especially since I'll be looking for PR's in those. Taken a lot of rest days (12 in July alone!!!) as well, and my only long run came on July 24th when I ran up and down Pikes Peak. I'm hoping my saving grace is that, though the total mileage has been down, the intensity has been pretty good, as I've raced twice and continued to work hard with the PPRR Sunrise Strider guys on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

4 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

You should have spent more time running and less time writing that "War and Peace" length race report! Whenever I have trouble sleeping, I just start another chapter and am out before I know it.

brownie said...

Are you gonna run Leadville so I can continue my unbeaten streak against you?

Paul DeWitt said...

I needed a bigger challenge this year, so will be doing the much harder LT 10K this weekend. It really is a better test of fitness I believe.....will be pacing Tara the last 50 at PbVille.

johntsharp said...

Dont feel too bad bro, I think I have logged less miles than that since HR. A 50k, a 60k, and a 35 mile weekend. And just a little kettlebell work. I guess you could say we are nice and rested up.