Monday, August 31, 2009

bender

Training has taken a back seat for a while as I'm currently focused on drinking.

Saturday was a blast. Took Katie's old school cruiser and met Nacheaux at Benny's to begin the day. We then hit foam fest, and I was able to visit every brewery at least once, and most at least twice. From there it was off to one of my favorite local dives, Murphy's. I think I had four Wisconsin lunchbox's here, which would contribute heavily to my Sunday hangover as well as the epic bike wreck that would launch me over the haldlebars on the way up to Trinity's one year anniversary. Don't know how I was able to ride home that night, but I do remember getting lost in the Garden.

Sunday was an early start as I helped lay the Kimchi hash. Hung out at Coach's for a bit, then took off to Pulpit Rock to man the brass monkey check. After returning to Coach's for a few more beers, we all went to O'Furry's for some wings and $3 monster PBRs. Good times!

More of the same tonight, as I'm off to the DIM hash after work.

Looking forward to Thursday's MOPP hash in Manitou. Should have quite a few visitors attending. 6PM at the Townhouse Lounge if anyone wants to show up. Great trail followed by a pub crawl in Manitou.

Friday it's off to Winter Park for Invihash. Probably won't be able to blog about that since I won't remember any of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be going through the Leadville valley over the weekend, if you're not to big of a puss - you can join me.

brownie said...

Man, I wish I could, but I'll be up in Winter Park. Good luck on your trek! And remember to go to Culver Brewing for a Colorado Trail Nut Brown Ale, you'll have earned it!