Thursday, June 18, 2009

good luck!

Lots of shit going on this weekend.

Locally, we have the Sailin' Shoes 5K/10K. Katie is volunteering. She's super jealous of the sweet PPRR volunteer hoodie I recently got and wants one real bad.

I'm kinda bummed that I won't be down at the San Juan Solstice, one of my favorite races. But Dave will be representin', and he sure picked a doozy for his first 50 miler. And kudos to fellow HCTR member Mike S for taking on such a challenge!

Lots of locals heading up to Wyoming for Bighorn as well. Harry, Shad, Pete, and Nick are all running the 100 miler. Brooks and John are doing the 50 miler.

Hope everyone has a great race!

Good luck to mopper as well, she's taking the MCAT today.

Me? I'll be spending the bulk of my weekend up on Pikes Peak. Heading up to the top on Saturday, then spending the night at Barr Camp. Sunday morning it's back up for some donuts and to play preacher man for Melissa and Mike. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm struck by lightning during that ceremony...

6 comments:

Jamie Donaldson said...

Are you friends with Meredith T.? I think you must be becasue she is coming to Denver today to a wedding on Pike's Peak too! Small world!

brownie said...

We're only friends when she's not trying to get me to eat vegetables!

Jamie Donaldson said...

Tonight, we are going veggie shopping just for you. You know you have to carry her sleeping bag up to Barr for her? And her down coat? She is going to freeze!

brownie said...

Yes, I'm aware that the guy who lives on cheeseburgers and PBR is going to hafta carry the load for the veggie eaters.

Did you hafta get a permit to do Mt. Whitney after Badwater?

Jamie Donaldson said...

Yes, permit is required. I lost the lottery TWICE, so I turned to the mayor. Badwater Ben is trying to hook me up or I guess I risk the $5000 fine and 6 mths in proison!

Nick said...

If you get a chance, talk to Brooks about his dive across the finish line at Bighorn.

Looks like you're in great shape for the double. Might be pacing Harry at Leadville - hope to see you there.